Paphiopedilum ooii Koopowitz
- Described: Koopowitz in Orchid Digest, 63(2): 106-107 (1999)
- Etymology: Named for Michael Ooi, a Malaysian Orchid Grower.
- Varieties & Forms: none
- Synonyms: none
- Chromosome Count - unknown
Plant Habit - measurements based upon the type specimen, variability unknown
- Leaves: 6, 54-71 cm long, 6-7 cm wide, uniformly green
- Inflorescence: 4-12 flowered, up to 2 m long
- Bloom: ~3 cm wide and tall
- Plant: one of the largest in the genus
- Distribution -
- Elevation: 1050 m.
- Peak Flowering in the Wild: January-March
- Ecology: ledges on northeast facing serpentine cliffs above running water
- Mean Temperature Range: 12-25°C
- Light: moderately deep shade
- Medium: humus, leaf litter
- Water (D-drier, M-moderate, W-wetter) -
- These plants have yet to become widely distributed in cultivation.
Primary Hybrids - none registered
Return to the Data Sheets Page
Page Created By: Stephen Manza
Last Updated: 7-23-06